Monday, January 26, 2009
Starting to get worried....
Okay, i know that i am only 37w1d, but i'm starting to get worried that this baby is not going to come on his own. I don't think i've ever had a Braxton Hicks contraction in my life! Seriously, i never had any with Carter, and don't think i've had any with this baby either. I have been feeling lots more pressure down below, but that's it. No contractions, haven't lost mucous plug, nothing. I hope that at my appt Thursday i am making some progress! I'm just worried because the hospital i'm delivering at does not induce, so i'm scared that he'll be in there too long and i'll end up with a c-section. That would be so devastating to me, really!! I don't want to be induced, but i'm just freaking out because there isn't even an option for that! Carter was 8.3 lbs and got stuck and ended up having to be taken out with forceps. You would think that my doctors would be monitoring this baby's weight closely to make sure i don't get into that situation again, but it's like they don't even care! Ugh....i just am praying that this baby decides to come on his own and i'm able to push him out!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I didnt have any BH with my 1st either.. at least I diont think... haha.. but with my little man.. i was a mess frm about 37 weeks on.. and it got old real fast.. good luck.. you will be fine..
i never had braxton hicks with either child either. with my 2nd i had lots of pressure from about 37 weeks on, LOTS OF PRESSURE, i actually thought he may just fall out, stupid i know. but never a contraction, then one night they came on very quickly and within 2 hours i was having them 2 minutes apart and my water broke. take it easy and out your feet up, it helps with the pressure.
I never had BH with Zoey, but I've been having them from week 20 with this one. I'm honestly thinking that baby is going to fall out at any time because I'm in so much pain. I keep checking to make sure a foot isn't sticking out of my vagina! I really don't want this baby to come early!
That's weird that your hospital doesn't induce. Could you ask your doctor if he could, crap, I forgot what it's called! Sweeping your membranes I think? There's always a good chance that will put you into labor.
Has the doctor given you an estimate on how big the baby is yet? My baby is measuring over 2 pounds at 24 weeks and the doctor said baby is well on its way to being over 10 pounds. So it looks like I'll be having a c/s. I really hope you don't need one, but IF you do, know that it's not THAT bad!
I never had BH with Michael either. I went pretty much from nothing to OMG that hurts in a second. From my first contraction to delivery was 9 hours.
Keep in mind that every pregnancy and every delivery is different, and three weeks is a long time for things to happen.
I'll keep praying for a 7 pounder for you.
I never had BH w/Cooper. My first sign that I was in labor was that my water broke the day after my due date, and then it all happened very fast as far as the contractions, etc. I hope you get a 7 pounder like Joanna said above, and that things go well for you w/the L&D.
Post a Comment