Saturday, February 28, 2009

How It's Going

So far having 2 kids isn't really as hard as i thought it would be. First off, i feel great! I haven't really been sore at all. I'm definitely not as sore as i was with Carter. I remember it took about 2 weeks before i really started feeling better "down there" with him. I am not as tired as i thought i would be. The past couple nights we've been going down for the night around 10 or 11, waking up at 2:30, nurse and back to sleep until around 4:30 or 5, nurse and back to sleep until around 7. Definitely not as much sleep as i'd like but i'm not complaining because for the most part he falls right back to sleep after eating. He had his first doctor appointment yesterday and is gaining his weight back. He left the hospital at 7lbs 1oz and at his appointment he weighed 7lbs 3oz. It is such a relief because i was so worried he wasn't getting enough to eat. Carter is adjusting well, he loves to hold and kiss him. He gets jealous sometimes that i can't do as much with him as i used to because i'm pretty much constantly nursing Brody during the day but he's getting better. I am finding that evenings are a little hard for me. It seems like that's when my emotions go crazy. I cry for no reason, or for stupid reasons. I hope it's just my hormones trying to balance out and it doesn't last long. I don't feel overwhelmed, i just get sad. Right now i don't feel like it's something i need to worry about but if it gets worse i will talk to my doctor about it. I'm thinking it's just a little of the baby blues. Well, enough of my ramble, i just thought i'd write a little about how it's going over here. Oh, and of course, here are a couple new pictures.



4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear that things are going pretty well! Love the pics!

Mel said...

Love the pics! His sleep pattern sounds like Mariele's in the beginning, and now she is giving me 4+ hour stretches (over 5 hours last night and 6 hours the other night)! Brody looks pretty comfortable in his papasan swing! And Carter looks as proud as he can be!

London said...

Glad to hear that things are going well!

Karla said...

Oh I love how excited Carter is when he is holding Brody! So cute!!! :)