Thursday, February 12, 2009

39 Week Appt

Well i had what i *hope* is my last dr. appt today. I'm 39w4d. Everything looks great with the baby, my blood pressure is great, i gained 1 lb. I'm up 23 lbs. Oh well. I am 3cm and 70% effaced and the dr. said my cervix is very low, she was shocked at how low it is! She asked me how i felt about this baby's size and i told her that i took comparison pics and i think i look pretty much the same as i did with Carter. He won't be doing much more growing so i'm just waiting and praying that he isn't too big. I have an appt set up for next Thursday the 19th and if i don't go into labor by then i'm going to be induced. I'm hoping that i'll have a baby by next Friday at the latest! Anyways, i feel so good about that appt and am going to be keeping extremely active to see if i can get me some contractions going!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I hope you go into labor on your own! Good luck getting some contractions going! I would send some labor dust your way, but I was induced with both boys....Eli because of pre-eclampsia and Ian was 8 days overdue....

Anonymous said...

I'm so hoping you go into labor on your own!! Pitocin is no fun. What's even worse is pitocin with no pain meds!

Get out and walk, have lots of sex (I always thought it was odd that the thing that got you in this position can get you out), eat some spicy foods, try some castor oil!