Thursday, November 6, 2008

Spent 4 hours in L&D last night....

Yesterday morning around 10 i started getting a little bit crampy. I had to take Carter in to the Dr. at 10:50 to get some little bumps he has checked out. I had gotten out of the shower at like 9:30 and when i was drying my hair and putting my make-up on they just kept getting worse. I took Carter to his appointment where we had to wait like 40 minutes for the Dr., got a prescription for him, and came home. The cramps were still pretty bad during his appointment. When we got home I immediately grabbed a couple bottles of water and laid on the couch. I let Carter watch cartoons and halfway played trucks with him on the side of the couch while i rested. The cramps seemed to go away so we got up and ate lunch and then i put him down for a nap. I dozed off a little bit while he was napping. When i got up i felt a lot better so i got ready for work. I was supposed to go in for a couple of hours to help train some people so i figured i'd give it a try and if my cramps got worse i'd just go home. Well, i didn't even make it an hour at work so i came home and called my Dr. I explained that i was having cramping that got way worse when i was walking around but went away when i rested. I wasn't have any bleeding or anything just cramps. She told me to go in and get it checked out to be sure. So we dropped Carter off with FIL, and went to the hospital. I went in and got hooked up to the monitors and in an hour it looked like 4 little contractions showed up. I was having really bad cramping but it wasn't in a pattern or anything, just constant achiness. The nurse checked my cervix and it is closed thank God!! She kept me on the monitor and got me some ice and water to drink. My cramping wasn't going away at all and it turns out it wasn't contractions, which is good! But we couldn't figure out why i was having such bad cramps. The nurse took a urine sample and said that it came back with blood in it and bacteria. She thought it might be a UTI that was causing the cramping. After laying down for 2 hours the cramps seemed to go away. My Dr. said to keep me on the monitors for another hour or so just to make sure and to check my cervix after that. No changes in my cervix, good!! So i was sent home and told to rest and if my cramps came back to come back in. Well, today i called my Dr. to see if she had called in a prescription for a UTI so i could go pick it up b/c i am still having slight cramps but nothing like yesterday. She pulled up my results and said it wasn't a UTI but that i have to go in for a kidney ultrasound tomorrow morning. So i have no idea what is going on with my body! The baby was doing great the whole time, moving around, and a strong heartbeat that stayed steady between 135 and 150, depending on how much it was moving. So i will update tomorrow morning when i figure out what the heck is going on.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Oh gosh! Sorry you are feeling crappy. I hope you find out what is going on tomorrow. Keep us posted!

Joanna said...

I hope that everything checks out ok. How scary. You'll be in my thoughts.

Steph said...

I hope everything is OK!!!

Karla said...

Oh no! I am glad that everything seems to be ok. Please keep us updated on your upcoming appts. Good luck!