Sunday, November 9, 2008

New 'Do

I went to Walgreens on a whim and bought a higlighting kit. I've been needing highlights for a while and was going to have my sister do them for me since she is in cosmetology school. But i could never get into her school to get it done because i don't have anyone to watch Carter during the day and there was no way i could take him with me! So i just decided to do it myself. It turned out okay, i think! Here are some pics:


Before:


During:


After:



7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think it looks GREAT!

House of Blues said...

Oh they look great!!! I think I might do mine now! I have never done it before though, any tips?? what brand do you get? It looks so good!

London said...

Looks good! I'm not even brave enough to highlight my own, especially not with a cap, ouchie! Good job!

Joanna said...

That turned out really well. I've considered doing it, but I've always been too afraid to try. Your risk really paid off!

Steph said...

I love it- looks great! I wish I could do highlights on my own hair!

Kaycee said...

Pretty pretty!! Good job :)

Erin said...

Thanks girls!

Steph--I bought a L'Oreal highlighting kit. It comes with the cap and everything. You just part your hair like normal and put the cap on and pull it really tight and tie it. Then you pull hair through holes in the cap with a litle metal thing (i can't remember what it's called). I pulled my hair through every hole, if you want more subtle highlights you can do every other one or just every few holes. You will need someone else to help you with the back though, your DH could probably do it, it's easy! Then you mix the highlights, put them on and let them sit for however long and rinse out!