Friday, March 20, 2009

Why.......

Why won't my baby sleep more than 2 hours in a row at night? Seriously, he will rarely go longer than 2 hours! He has gone 3 or 4, but that has just been a few times. I have started giving him formula in the evenings hoping that will help keep him fuller longer but that hasn't helped either. I am exhausted.

4 comments:

London said...

I'm sorry to hear that he's not sleeping well. Elijah always was a challenging baby when it came to sleep. Hang in there, I'm sure it will get better soon!

Jennifer said...

Erin, Sorry that Brody isn't sleeping well. Eli was like that as a baby and it is hard, but I can't imagine doing it with two! Nothing helped Eli, he just all of a sudden started to sleep longer.....sorry I don't have any advice, just compassion!

Mama Mia said...

Sorry Erin, I hope it gets better..IT WILL GET BETTER...

Mel said...

I'm sorry too. It will get better. Just about the time I thought I could not take the exhaustion anymore Mariele started to sleep better. She goes from 3-4.5 hours now. She has on one occasion given me six hours and on another given me 5.5. But I am pretty happy with the 3-4.5 hours. Brody is still very young, not even one month old. Give him a little more time. Also, be careful with the formula supplementation if you don't want to mess with your milk supply. I've heard from others that that trick does not work anyway.