Thursday, June 12, 2008

When I grow up..

I'm taking Bridget's advice for this post. Well, when i was little I remember the only thing I wanted to be when I grew up was a mommy. Not even so much a wife, but definitely a mommy. I remember when I was 10 years old and I was playing with my dolls and thinking about how much longer it would be before I could be a mommy and I got really depressed because I had to wait 10 more years for it to happen. Little did I know, it would be exactly 10 years later that I would become a mommy. As far as a career though, in Elementary School when we had to write about what we wanted to be when we grew up, I always wrote Teacher. I guess it's the closest thing to being a mommy. You're around kids all day, teaching them, guiding them, just like mommies are, so it was the best thing I could come up with. Well when I started college, my intended major was Elementary Education. I only finished one year, and found out I was pregnant right before my Sophomore year started. Brad got a job offer an hour and a half away and I didn't want to go to class pregnant, so I dropped out and we moved. Now that I think about it, I don't think I would be a good teacher. I just don't have the patience. I just know that I wasn't meant to be a teacher. A mommy on the other hand, I was definitely meant to be. Now, once my kids are in school, I guess I'll have to find something to do while they're gone. I have no idea what I would do. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.

2 comments:

Fullerton Family said...

How funny~ I could have written this post word for word (seriously, even the 1 yr. of college part!)~ except my hubby's job offer was 3 hrs. away! How weird is that?!

Karla said...

Good luck figuring out "what you want to be when you grow up!"