Friday, October 17, 2008
Not quite sure how to title this one....
Well, my day had a rather rude start! I woke up at 6:22 to go pee, and then went back and laid down in bed. Brad was up getting ready for work and i was trying desperately to fall back asleep before Carter woke up. Well, then i hear cussing coming from the other room and wonder what the heck is going on! Brad comes in and says that the toilet in our bathroom is overflowing and was putting towels down around the toilet trying to soak up some of the water. He got it all soaked up and then left for work and i told him i'd call the maintenance guy when me and Carter got up. Well, Carter decided then that it was time to get up and grabbed a blanket, laid on the couch and turned on the tv. So i got him his milk and laid down beside him. I put in Thomas and drifted off for a couple minutes. Then i heard the doorbell ring so i get up and look through the peek-hole and it is our downstairs neighbor. She said that there was water leaking down in her bathroom and she called the emergency maintenance guy to come fix it. She thought a pipe burst or something. Great!!! So then i had to officially get up and start picking up the house frantically while waiting for the maintenance guy to come. Well, by 8:30 he still wasn't there and they have a key anyways so Carter and I left and did our grocery shopping. When we got back he was there taking apart our toilet. He tried the plunger, then the "snake" which is a long tube thing he stuck way down into the toilet. That didn't work so he had to take the entire toilet out of the ground and started looking down there. He could hear that there was something down there but couldn't get to it. Finally, he left with the toilet and came back about half an hour later with the culprit. The toilet paper holder. I had noticed that it was missing about a week ago, but our trash can is right below it and figured it fell into the trash and i threw it away by mistake. I'm assuming Carter threw it in there and flushed it down. Ugh......so he put our toilet back together and left after being here for 3 hours!!! It was definitely a long morning!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm sorry, that you had such a bed morning, but do you mind if I laugh? That's really funny.
Oh no!!! That sounds like no fun at all!!!!
Hope things are all "back to normal!"
Oh, wow. What a day you have had!
I have to laugh a little..I'm sorry
It's amazing what our kids can do, really it is. Chris is a plumber and I don't think he's ever seen that one happen. lol! I'm sorry you had such a stressful morning though.
Oh, it's okay if you laugh, it IS funny!!! The guy said he's seen toys, and stuff but never a toilet paper holder! It just sucked that he was there all morning long! I felt like i had to be cleaning the whole time and it is weird having random people in your house and i always wonder what they're thinking about us!
Post a Comment