Monday, July 21, 2008

BIG Accomplishment!!

With potty training! I've been getting Carter used to the potty for quite a while now, not exactly sure how long. Anyways, whenever i let him run around naked he will go to his little potty by himself and go pee. Then he helps me dump it into the toilet and flushes it. He hadn't gone poop, though. I have tried a couple times getting him to go but he just hadn't yet. I've been playing it up a lot recently and i think he may have gotten the idea finally. He pooped on the potty twice today!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!!!!! He woke up with a dry diaper so i immediately took it off and told him to go pee. He did. I let him run around without any bottoms on all morning and he peed a couple more times. I knew it was time for his morning poop anytime but just left him naked. He said he needed to go and i told him he should try going on his potty. I set it up on the big potty and gave him some privacy. He went a little bit and i was so excited!! He saw how happy i was and that he was such a big boy! A little bit later he said he had to go again and went and sat down on his potty on the floor and went the rest of it. Again, so excited!!! We clapped and cheered for a good hour. Whew! At least he got his first poop on the potty out of the way. I know we're not near being fully trained but it's a good start!

4 comments:

Fullerton Family said...

AWESOME!!!! How very exciting for you!!! He will be outta diapers before your next one gets here, hooray!! Good job Carter!!!

Maria said...

Yay for Carter! Great Job.

Karla said...

Yay for potty training progress!!!

Kaycee said...

Yay for Carter!! We're all posting about potty training lately ..lol!!

Yep my jeans are Secret Fit..they are the BEST!! I have the shorts too.